Mountain of the Dead: Paperback Book
Mountain of the Dead (World's Scariest Places) Paperback – March 18, 2018 by Jeremy Bates
THIS IS A BRAND NEW PAPERBACK BOOK
THE GREATEST UNSOLVED MYSTERY OF THE 20TH CENTURY
Fact: During the night of February 1, 1959, in the remote reaches of Siberia, nine Russian hikers slash open their tent from the inside and flee into a blizzard in subpolar temperatures. Fact: By morning all are dead, several having suffered gruesome, violent deaths. What happened to them has baffled investigators and researchers to this day.
It has become known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident.
Now, an American true-crime writer seeking answers to the enduring mystery sets out to retrace the hikers' steps on their fateful expedition. However, nothing can prepare him for what he is about to discover…
Praise for Jeremy Bates:
"Old-school horror story reminiscent of Stephen King" ★★★★★
"Best book I've read to date" ★★★★★
"Perfect for Laymon fans!" ★★★★★
"Definitely recommend to all fans of modern horror" ★★★★★
"A master storyteller!" ★★★★★
"I sort of fell into Jeremy Bates by accident, and I'm so glad I did. He's one of my new favorite writers, and I urge everyone to check him out" ★★★★★
"The most chilling book I’ve ever read!" ★★★★★
"Absolutely loved this book" ★★★★★
"Non-stop adrenaline rush from beginning to end" ★★★★★
"Any Stephen King or Dean Koontz fan will love it" ★★★★★
"I was hooked from the first page!" ★★★★★
"Binge worthy!" ★★★★★
"This is one of the best books I have ever read!" ★★★★★
"A very juicy, scary ride" ★★★★★
"Suicide Forest is up there with Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box" ★★★★★
"Scariest book I've ever read" ★★★★★
"Huge fan of Mr Bates! You won't be disap-pointed" ★★★★★
"Edge-of-my-seat experience! I felt I was indeed living the horror" ★★★★★
"Page-turner with a twist! I was hanging on to every word!" ★★★★★
"One of the greatest suspense-filled books I have ever read" ★★★★★
"If you enjoy Richard Laymon, you'll love reading Jeremy Bates" ★★★★★
"A true edge-of-your-seat thriller...I couldn't put it down!" ★★★★★
"Startlingly Spooky!" ★★★★★
"A non-stop page-turner!" ★★★★★
"Early Stephen King, Robert McCammon, Jeremy Bates is a must read!" ★★★★★
"As usual Jeremy Bates has done it again... Give him a try, you'll not regret it" ★★★★★
Although in a series, this is a STAND-ALONE novel. For fans of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon, Bentley Little, as well as other horror and mystery authors such as Dan Simmons, Jack Ketchum, Robert McCammon, Brian Keene, Darcy Coates, Amy Cross, Jeff Strand, Ambrose Ibsen, Jeremy Robinson, Nick Cut-ter, Blake Crouch, Joe Hill, Iain Rob Wright, Jeff Menapace, Matt Shaw, Heather Graham, Jack Kilborn, James Herbert. We hope you enjoy!
Enjoy this horror thriller in audiobook, paperback, hardcover, and eBook. When you purchase the book in paperback or hardcover from Amazon, you can immediately start reading this best seller free on any computer via Kindle Cloud Reader, on Amazon Kindle Fire, or on any smartphone or tablet with the free Kindle reading app. Hear your favorite characters come to life in the bestselling audio book now available through Audible. Watch for new releases and many other best seller thriller books from Jeremy Bates.
"Creatively creepy and sure to scare" ‒ The Japan Times on Suicide Forest
"Jeremy Bates writes like a deviant angel I'm glad doesn't live on my shoulder" ‒ Christian Galacar, author of GILCHRIST
"Jeremy Bates knows scary. You're going to have a good time with whatever he writes" ‒ Jeff Menapace, author of BAD GAMES
"[Bates] is the real deal. He is a bit of a mix of Stephen King and Richard Laymon. You won't regret your purchase" ‒ Amazon Top Contributor
"I keep hearing this author being compared to the likes of Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I think [he] should be known for his OWN style of writing" ‒ Amazon Reviewer
"Will remind readers what chattering teeth sound like" ‒ Kirkus Reviews on Suicide Forest
"Voracious readers of horror will delightfully consume the contents of Bates's World's Scariest Places books" ‒ BookLife Prize on The Catacombs
"A short, sharp shocker" ‒ Publishers Weekly on Black Canyon
"The perfect antidote to a restful night's sleep, The Sleep Experiment is a fast-paced thriller that will keep the pages turning late into the night" ‒ Steven Sayers, author of THE SOUL DWELLER
"Thriller fans and readers of Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art will find much to love in highly recommended, action-packed read" ‒ Midwest Book Review on Island of the Dolls
"Reads like a combination of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Clive Barker" ‒ Midwest Book Review on Mountain of the Dead
"A page-turner in the true sense of the word" ‒ HorrorAddicts on Mountain of the Dead
"Will make your skin crawl" ‒ Scream Magazine on Island of the Dolls
"Shocking" ‒ Booklist on White Lies
"Told with an authoritative voice full of heart and insight" ‒ Richard Thomas, Bram Stoker nominated author on The Catacombs
"I have long been a fan of Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Frank Peretti and I feel confident that I can now add Jeremy Bates to that list" ‒ Reader Views on Mountain of the Dead
"A blistering rustic tale that takes the reader outdoors and to the deepest inner recesses of the human heart" ‒ Writer's Digest on Black Canyon
"A horror writer to watch" ‒ True Review
"Bates offers a truly chilling tale that reminds readers that humans can be the worst type of monster to fear, after all" ‒ BookLife Prize on Helltown
"An ice-cold thriller full of mystery, suspense, fear" ‒ David Moody, author of HATER and AUTUMN on Mountain of the Dead
"Would make a great screenplay!" ‒ Suspense Magazine on The Taste of Fear
"Bates doesn't miss a trick" ‒ Glenn Kleier, New York Times bestselling author on White Lies
"Bates knows how to creep into his reader's mind and toy around" ‒ Horror Palace on Island of the Dolls
"Something to give you chills before you go to bed" ‒ San Francisco Book Review on The Catacombs
"Excellent!" ‒ Andrew Peterson, international bestselling author of FIRST TO KILL on Suicide Forest
"Jeremy Bates is a skilled weaver of nightmares" ‒ Ambrose Ibsen, author of THE HAUNTING OF BEACON HILL
"Spellbinding" ‒ Bestsellersworld on White Lies
"Will delight horror fans who want their novels steeped in psychological suspense as well as action" ‒ Midwest Book Review on The Catacombs
"Invites you to read it in one sitting" ‒ Hellnotes on Suicide Forest
From the Author
Finalist, "Aurealis Award for Excellence in Speculative Fiction" Horror Novella Award, 2017,for "The Mailman."
Finalist, "Australian Horror Writers Association" Shadows Award, 2017, for "The Mailman."
Winner, "Foreword INDIES" Horror Book of the Year Award Gold Medal, 2016, for "Island of the Dolls."
Finalist, "Next Generation Indie Book Awards" Horror Novel Award, 2017, for "Island of the Dolls."
Finalist, "The Skoutz Award" German Horror Award, 2017, for "Suicide Forest."
Finalist,"Aurealis Award for Excellence in Speculative Fiction" Horror Novella Award, 2016, for "Box of Bones."
Finalist, "Australian Horror Writers Association" Shadows Award, 2016, for "Box of Bones."
Winner, "Crime Writers of Canada" Arthur Ellis Award/The Lou Allen Memorial Award, 2016,for "Black Canyon."
Winner, "Australian Horror Writers Association" Shadows Award, 2015, for "The Catacombs."
Winner, "IPPY(Independent Publisher Book Awards)" Bronze Medal/Horror, 2016, for "The Catacombs."
Finalist, "Next Generation Indie Book Awards" Horror Novella Award, 2016, for "Black Canyon."
Winner, "Reader Views Literary Award" Global Award, 2014-2015, for "Suicide Forest."
Honorable Mention, "Reader Views Literary Award" Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Horror Award,2014-2015, for "Suicide Forest."
Finalist, "Goodreads Choice Awards" 2015, for "Suicide Forest."
Finalist," Australian Horror Writers Association" Shadows Award, 2014, for "Suicide Forest."
Finalist, "Foreword INDIES" Horror Book of the Year Award, 2014, for "Suicide Forest."
Finalist, "Foreword INDIES" Thriller & Suspense Book of the Year Award,2012, for "White Lies."
The World's Scariest Places Series:
- Suicide Forest - The bad news is they're lost. There is no good news.
- The Catacombs - As close to hell as you're likely ever going to get.
- Helltown - The luckiest die first and fast. The others, well...
- Island of the Dolls - Come and see the dolls, but don't expect to leave alive.
- Mountain of the Dead - Freezing to death is the least of their worries.
- Hotel Chelsea - The most haunted hotel in America.
- Mosquito Man - Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.
- The Sleep Experiment - You'll never think about sleep the same way again.
- The Man from Taured - Where did he come from? Where will he go?
- Merfolk - Deep below the blue surface a terrifying world awaits.
- New America: Utopia Calling - A brave new world.
- White Lies - You never know where a lie may lead...
- The Taste of Fear - In the jungle, no one can hear you scream.
- Black Canyon - The new face of evil.
- Run - You can run but you can't hide.
- Rewind - Nothing is what it seems.
- Neighbors - You never know what kind of psycho may be living next door.
- Six Bullets - When there's no reason left to live, what would you do with your last six bullets?
- Box of Bones - Time is running out.
- The Mailman - Be careful what you wish for.
- Re-Roll - Life can be a bitch.
- Dark Hearts - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- Bad People - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- The Midnight Book Club - An eight-book collection of critically acclaimed and award-winning short novels.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Two - This omnibus edition includes books three and four in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Three - This omnibus edition includes books five and six in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Legends: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Legends series.
- World's Scariest Legends: Volume Two - This omnibus edition includes books three and four in the bestselling World's Scariest Legends series.
- Publisher : Ghillinnein Books (March 18, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 429 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1988091225
- ISBN-13 : 978-1988091228
- Reading age : 13 - 18 years
- Item Weight : 1.38 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 1.08 x 9 inches